Monday 2 September 2013

OPI More Than A Glimmer

This is half of OPIs Pink of Hearts Breast Cancer Awareness Duo for 2013,  I chose to buy just the glitter, the other shade is a pretty pink crème called Pink-ing of you. If you buy the duo set it comes with little crystals and the Breast Cancer Ribbon symbol decals too.




This is layered this over Anny Never Can Say Goodbye, a silvery foil. I chose this rather that a pink crème for two reasons, I'm not really a pink person; and I was already wearing the Anny when this one arrived and I couldn't wait to get it on my nails!

I can't fathom why this polish excited me - I don't like pink much, I like my glitter to be uber sparkly and I'm not a massive OPI fan. But I saw this online and was desperate to get my mitts on it (as the poor chap at Nail Polish Direct can testify. I think they call it harassment these days.......).

It's a grown up glitter. A greyed, muted milkshake pink sheer base, with dense matte glitters in pink, gold, green and silver varying in size from small to tiny. 






It doesn't have the usual slightly rough finish of a matte polish - it's gentle and almost silky, I'd call it eggshell. Both of the above pictures are just one coat without topcoat as I liked the feel of it just as it was.


 
Here it is with a thin layer of Seche, although I think a matte top coat would have worked better:
 
 
My youngest son wanted a closer look, so I showed him the pretty colours.  He clearly agrees that it's one tasty polish. Ouchy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment